Backpackers & Hostels
- Jeffreys Bay BackpackersBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 293 1379Contact: BibbyWebsite: www.jeffreysbaybackpackers.co.za
Jeffreys Bay Backpackers, as the name may foretell, is the original youth hostel of the town. Initiated from the need of surf seeking travellers, it has remained a popular stop over, offering a friendly, clean, comfortable and cheap place to stay. We are in the heart of town, walking distance to the main beach, surf spots, places to eat and nightlife hangouts. Beds from R100 pppn
- Island Vibe Backpackers and Surf CampBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 293 1625Contact: NtsikoWebsite: www.islandvibe.co.za
Perched on a dune with a 270 degree view of the Indian Ocean, this sea-view Eden provides the perfect setting for any beach bum. With a variety of accommodation from Dorm rooms at R150 per night to En-suite private rooms with a stunning sea view starting at R500 per room per night. If you really want to live the surfer lifestyle then book one of our 3, 5 or 7 day surf packages.
- Mentors Country EstateBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 293 1142Contact: Venue - Herman ; Weddings - Githe or Kerry ; Accommodation - WendyWebsite: www.mentorskraal.co.za
The largest venue in J-Bay! Situated just off the N2 on the Main Entrance to Jeffreys Bay. Offering a variety of Accommodation as well as Conference, Wedding & Function Facilities. Country Style Accommodation, graded 3 stars by the TGCSA
- African Ubuntu BackpackersBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 296 0376 or 081 0461285Contact: Daryn SinclairWebsite: www.jbay.co.za
African Ubuntu is situated in the heart of South African surf-country, Jeffrey's Bay, and caters to fun-loving people looking for an epic yet affordable base. Its a mere 100m to the beach & magical Supertubes, and there are great wave-views from around the house. Whether your dream be flying down the line in perrrfect surf at the point, watching lions on a game drive, or simply collecting seashells on our dolphin-rich coast, we aim to turn your dreams into treasured memories.
- Peggys Place BackpackersBackpackers & HostelsTel: 082 506 4034Contact: Peggy
Peggy's Place was the first surf packers in Jeffreys Bay. The backpackers opened in 1990 and I have lived in Jeffreys Bay for 25 years and I have watched Jeffreys turn into the town it is today. The house is a tranquil island with a wild garden and reflects the original atmosphere in Jeffreys bay. Many a South African surf legend has passed through this place.Visit PEGGYS PLACE BACKPACKERS for a nice warm and friendly vibe from one of the original locals.
- Jeffreys Bay TourismBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 2932923Contact: Jacqui or Stephanie
Book all your activities, accommodation, safaris and more with us. Where to eat, best coffee in town, seafood and just general anything and everything you would like to know.
- Salty Surf SchoolBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 293 4214Contact: NtsikoWebsite: www.jeffreysbayadventures.co.za
Jeffreys Bay Surf Lesson duration is two hours and include all the equipment needed during the surf lesson. The 2 hour surf lesson is broken into a short theory chat on the beach, where students will practice what is being taught whilst still on the sand. Then it's time to test the surf theory by taking to the water. This is the fun part o the surf lesson.
- Cristal CoveBackpackers & HostelsTel: 042 293 2101Contact: David Yosh