Things to do
- Son Surf School JBayWith the Kids, Activities, Adventure, Learn to SurfTel: 076 501 6191Contact: Kelvin ZehmkeWebsite: www.surfschools.co.za
Son Surf School J-Bay is owned by Billabong team rider and accredited SSA (Surfing South Africa) coach, Kelvin Zehmke. We offer surf lessons for beginner, intermediate and advanced students. All lessons include board and wetsuit rentals. The advanced lessons also include video analysis and competition strategy. Son Surf School J-Bay also offer exciting surf camps, surf parties and surf guiding/tours.
- Shell MuseumMuseumsTel: 042 293 2923Contact: Jeffreys Bay Tourism
Beautiful collection of shells from Jeffreys Bay and all over the world. There is more than 600 shells from species all of the world makes it one of the largest shell collections in South Africa and attracts shell fanatics from all over the globe. Housed in glass cases is a huge variety of shells including the legendary cowrie, the rare paper nautilus, tiny baby jam tarts and a new species of cone. Local shells and shell craft can be purchased just outside the museum from the shell shops and stalls Week days only.
- Kouga WingsAdventure, Leasure flying, ActivitiesTel: 0733181398Contact: Tony van VlietWebsite: www.kougawings.com
KougaWings is a flight school. Established for training to obtain a national pilot licence. We offer training for those who wish to fly for recreation and leasure. We offer introductory flights.
- Jeffreys Bay Surf SchoolAdventure, Day Trips, Learn to Surf, With the Kids, ActivitiesTel: 082 324 7284Contact: Etienne VenterWebsite: http://www.jbaysurfschool.co.za/
J-Bay Surf School has been sharing the stoke of surfing since 2000. Owned and managed by Etienne Venter, Level 2 International Surfing Association Surf Coach and the current South African Surfing Team Coach. We offer: Learn to surf, equipment hire, intermediate lessons, advanced lessons, surf guide & surf vacations...we do it all! Jeffreys Bay Surf School is supported by Billabong & Monster Energy.
- Bingo Royale JBayActivities, EntertainmentTel: 042 293 0270Contact: Kenneth Jooste
Even in Jeffreys Bay the sun doesn't always shine and the wind sometimes blows – time for over 18s to try their luck at electronic Bingo, which is taking South Africa by storm. Bingo Royale Jeffreys Bay in the Fountains Mall is up-market, the staffs are friendly and there are tasty, well-priced meals and snacks from the Bingo Royale Café. It is open from nine in the morning till late on weekdays, and from 10 till late on Sundays. There is also regular live entertainment on a permanent stage in the venue at night. Visitors to Bingo Royale Jeffrey’s Bay are greeted by a giant chandelier lighting up a Mercedes-Benz! The Mercedes-Benz is given away in a car draw every three months. Electronic Bingo machines allow visitors to play whenever the Bingo hall is open as opposed to specific time slots as they are in a more traditional Bingo operation. There are over 150 electronic Bingo machines in the outlet. New security lighting has been installed to flood the parking area and passage to the Bingo Royale. The area is patrolled by Bingo Royale’s own security guards. These security guards will escort visitors to and from their vehicles in the evenings. Entrance to the gambling area is strictly for over 18s only. The Bingo Royale Café is open to all.
- Beach Horse Rides PapiesfonteinActivities, Horse RidingTel: 079 299 8080Contact: RickWebsite: http://www.horsetrails.co.za
Papiesfontein Beach Horse Rides offers guests an unforgettable view of the bush, river and beach around Jeffreys Bay and the chance to see wildlife including bushbuck, rare birds and even whales, as well as breathtaking dunes and vegetation on a guided two-hour horseback rides. Started by Frankie and Esré Lötter in 1996, Papiesfontein Beach Horse Rides now have plenty of well trained, good-natured horses, as well as experienced guides who escort riders twice daily on a 13 km route culminating in a 6km stretch of pristine, deserted beach. This popular experience is not to be missed.
- AfricaSUP Jeffreys BayNature Reserves, Stand Up Paddle, Shopping, Entertainment, Learn to Surf, With the Kids, Day Trips, Health Club, Fishing, Activities, AdventureTel: Shop 042 293 0155 / Cell 061 204 3928Contact: John & Jasmina Quinn / GW Shop AssistantWebsite: www.africasup.com
AfricaSUP - The Heart of SUP in Africa! A Jeffreys Bay Original JBAYs only"100% all SUP" surf shop! We are at the Heart of SUP in Africa. Rentals, Sales, Lessons, & Tours.
- Zipline JBayDay Trips, Entertainment, Zipline, Activities, AdventureTel: 0721254429Contact: Jacques Stroebel
- Salty Surf SchoolAdventure, Learn to Surf, ActivitiesTel: 042 293 4214Contact: NtsikoWebsite: www.jeffreysbayadventures.co.za
Jeffreys Bay Surf Lesson duration is two hours and include all the equipment needed during the surf lesson. The 2 hour surf lesson is broken into a short theory chat on the beach, where students will practice what is being taught whilst still on the sand. Then it's time to test the surf theory by taking to the water. This is the fun part o the surf lesson.
- St Francis Safaris & AdventuresActivities, Fishing, Adventure, With the Kids, Stand Up Paddle, Day TripsTel: 082 569 3750Contact: Tim ChristyWebsite: http://www.stfrancissafaris.co.za/
St Francis Bay - Boat Based Adventures Ocean - River - Canals Whale watching cruises - Dolphin Eco Cruises - Deep Sea Fishing - River cruises - River Fishing - Canal Cruises - Canoe &Paddle board Hire
- J-Bay CabsAdventure, Day TripsTel: 083 6111 003Contact: Shayne
J Bay Cabs is a registered Metered Cab Service operating from Jeffreys Bay to any Destination in the Eastern and Western Cape. We will transport you to and from the airport, to your favorite activity or attraction and even back from your favorite restaurant or pub at any time. With all the legal permits and passenger liability insurance in place our professional drivers will safely transport you to your destination. Please feel free to make use of our services 24/7. Day Trips, We will gladly transport you to local attractions like Addo Elephant Park, Bloukrantz Bungy, Tsitsikamma National Park, Skydiving in Plettenberg Bay, Monkeyland, Lion Park, Game Reserves and many other attractions in the area.
- Seekoeirivier Events - Happy HippoWith the Kids, Activities, FishingTel: 082 560 5606Contact: Marlize
Play Farm, Party & Function venue.
- Wavecrest Surf SchoolActivities, Adventure, Learn to SurfTel: 0735090400Contact: Andrew MoonWebsite: www.wavecrestsurfschool.co.za
Daily lessons in J-Bay, with a Surfing SA qualified instructor. 2 hour lessons. 7.30am, 10.00am & 14.00pm. Board & Wetsuite hire available R150. Beginner, Advanced and Intermediate lessons. Great fun guaranteed Bookings essential. 5 Star rating from Trip Adviser.
- Pabala Game FarmSafari Drive, Hiking, Adventure, Day TripsTel: 042 296 2950/0832469491/0825087762Contact: Eunice MunnicksWebsite: www.pabalagamefarm.co.za
Pabala Game Farm is situated in the malaria-free Eastern Cape province of South Africa. Pabala is nestled in the Loerie district, located between the Garden Route coastal road and Baviaans Kloof Mega Park Reserve, about 30km from Jeffrey’s Bay’s famous beaches.
- Alan ToursDay Trips, Nature Reserves, Safari Drive, Activities, AdventureTel: 072 358 4634Contact: Alan FogartyWebsite: http://www.alantours.co.za/
ALAN TOURS with more than 35 years in the nature and wildlife related hospitality sector have positioned ourselves as an intimate and personal inbound tour operator catering for foreign tourist wanting to gain meaningful insight into the diverse natural resources in South Africa which we highlight in quality tours and packages to world travelers. We introduce our guests to the wealth of our many cultures, the struggle for freedom of the country and the friendly, colourful and vibrant life styles of the people of Port Elizabeth, the Eastern Cape and South Africa. We offer a wide range of half day and full day tours as well as overnight safaris and expeditions to a wide variety of authentic destinations in our country and across our borders.
- Jeffreys Bay AdventuresAdventure, Activities, Day Trips, Learn to Surf, Stand Up PaddleTel: 042 293 4214Contact: CharmaineWebsite: www.jeffreysbayadventures.co.za
No need to look anywhere else....At Jeffreys Bay Adventures we offer the following activities: Daily Surf lessons, Walking Township Tours, Beach Horse rides, Airport Shuttles, Stand Up Paddle, Waterfall Trips, Sandboarding trips and Safaris.
- Jeffreys Bay TourismHiking, Nature Reserves, Shopping, Day Trips, Health Club, Museums, Sandboarding, Arts & Crafts, With the Kids, Golf, Learn to Surf, Safari Drive, Adventure, Township Tours, Fishing, Horse Riding, Next Stop, Activities, Stand Up Paddle, EntertainmentTel: 042 2932923Contact: Jacqui or Stephanie
Book all your activities, accommodation, safaris and more with us. Where to eat, best coffee in town, seafood and just general anything and everything you would like to know.
- Tsitsikamma Canopy ToursActivities, Adventure, Nature Reserves, With the KidsTel: 042 281 1836Contact: Ashley KiewietsWebsite: www.stormsriver.com
A first in Africa. Enjoy the unequaled beauty of the indigenous forest high up on 10 treetop platforms. Gently glide along in a harness, on steel cables 30 meters above the forest floor. Bird life is abundant (including Knysna Loeries and the elusive Narina Trogon), and your guides will explain the ecology of the lush primeval forest. Safety is paramount, and the system has been built to civil engineering standards. Guides are fully-trained professionals.
- Eric ErasmusFishingTel: 072 731 2222Contact: Eric Erasmus
Deep Sea Fishing.
- Island Vibe Backpackers and Surf CampLearn to Surf, Stand Up Paddle, Day Trips, With the Kids, Adventure, ActivitiesTel: 042 293 1625Contact: NtsikoWebsite: www.islandvibe.co.za
Perched on a dune with a 270 degree view of the Indian Ocean, this sea-view Eden provides the perfect setting for any beach bum. With a variety of accommodation from Dorm rooms at R150 per night to En-suite private rooms with a stunning sea view starting at R500 per room per night. If you really want to live the surfer lifestyle then book one of our 3, 5 or 7 day surf packages.
- Dolphin Beach EntertainmentActivities, Adventure, Golf, Entertainment, With the KidsTel: 0824454014Contact: Stephanus FerreiraWebsite: http://www.ferreiraleisure.co.za/
We offer a Raging Heated Water Slide that will Thrill you to the Core and Soak you to the Bone, and a Crazy Golf Putt-Putt Course with Obstacles that stand between you and Golfing Immortality.
- All Africa AdventuresActivities, Sandboarding, Adventure, With the KidsTel: 083 661 5393 or 042 296 0594Contact: Tyron
Fun for the whole family. Kayaking , Sandboarding , Mountain biking - combine activities for a full day of family fun.
- Beach & Beyond Shuttles JBayNext Stop, Day TripsTel: 079 322 1384Contact: Monique
Offering you a safe and affordable shuttle service to and from Jeffreys Bay, St Francis, Port Elizabeth Airport and surrounding Kouga areas. We offer day trips, transport to and from your B&B to restaurants and local hangouts any time of day. We sill safely transport you to local attractions like Addo Elephant Park, Bloukrantz Bungy, Tsitsikamma National Park, Skydiving in Plettenberg Bay, Monkeyland, Lion Park, Game Reserves and many other attractions in the area. We are covered with all the legal permits and passenger liability insurance so we are able to transport you and your baggage to your destination of choice in the Kouga area safely. Like us on Facebook @ Beach & Beyond Shuttles JBay to see what is happening in and around the Kouga area.
- The J-Bay Surf MuseumMuseumsTel: 042-293-2203
Surf Museum in Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape The Surf Museum is situated in Jeffrey’s Bay in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Any surfer will tell you that Jeffrey’s Bay is known as one of the top surfing destinations in the world, so it only seems natural that the town would have a museum dedicated to the sport. The Surf Museum pays tribute to the legends and pioneers of the sport and displays the historical relationship between man and the wave magic. It tells the very informative story of how surfing started in Jeffrey’s Bay and how the town has developed over the last 50 years. The Museum shows the process of making surfboards and its progression from simple wood to fiberglass and the latest light foam boards used today. Every year in July, surf history continues to be made as 44 of the world’s top ranked surfers compete at the World Contest Tour held in Jeffrey’s Bay. Things to do and see Newspaper clippings, articles & pictures Process of making surf boards History of surfboards Antique surf boards Autographed Memorabilia Admission No admission fee is charged. Monday to Friday, 09h00 - 17h00 Saturday, 09h00 – 14h00 Sunday, 09h00 – 13h00
- Mild2Wild AdventuresDay Trips, Adventure, Horse Riding, Activities, Next StopTel: 072 2264385 or 0812704378Contact: Brad or Helena
Beach Horse rides from JBay to Paradise Beach. Kiddies pony rides on Clapton's Beach. Come have an adventure!
- Intle Private Game LodgeHiking, Next Stop, Activities, Safari Drive, Adventure, Day TripsTel: 041 4500 310 or 082 436 8552Contact: Tracy RoelofsenWebsite: www.intlegamelodge.com
Intle is a Private Game Lodge & Boutique Hotel in South Africa. The name Intle is a Xhosa word meaning "Amazing" " Beautiful" " Wow". This says everything we feel about our farm and lodge, once you have visited us, you too will have a full understanding of this word. We are just 45 minute'sdrive South West of Port Elizabeth, located just before the famous surfing town of Jeffreys Bay. We also have a restaurant that is open to the public on Friday, Saturdays & Sundays please contact us for a reservation
- Jay Bay Deep Sea FishingFishingTel: 083 538 7588Contact: Lappies
Deep Sea fishing - we leave from Port St Francis. Booking essential
- Shatara Fishing ChartersAdventure, Entertainment, Day Trips, Fishing, ActivitiesTel: 0834190188 / 0834190199Contact: Gerald or Elsabe Massyn
Deepsea fishing and sunset cruises departing from the safety of Port St Francis. Experience the abundant sealife along our prestine coastline or the thrill of getting hooked up on the notorious yellowtail, cape salmon, cob or a variety of bottomfish like the black musselcracker or red stumpnose!!
- Tsitsikamma Falls AdventureAdventureTel: 042 280 3770Contact: Amy
Get you adreniline pumping - nature at its best.
- Untouched AdventuresAdventure, Day Trips, Nature Reserves, With the Kids, ActivitiesTel: 073 1300 689Contact: JennaWebsite: http://www.untouchedadventures.com
Adventure activities in Storms River Mouth, Tsitsikamma National Park. 2-3 hour Kayak & Lilo Adventure, as well as Scuba Diving & snorkelling
- Helicopter Charter & TrainingActivities, Adventure, Helicopter Charter & TrainingTel: 041 - 5077343 or 0823763156Contact: Lourinda and John HuddlestoneWebsite: www.helicoptercharter.co.za
From airport or from your hotel , let us take you on a flight in our " back yard". A beautiful scenic flip ove Cape Recife, Sardinia Bay, Maitlands Mouth, Lady's Slipper Mountains , Swartkop River Mouth, Baviaans and Jbay. Fly to the destination of your choice or design a package that meets your needs...please call for quotations. Maximum of 3 persons per trip